Training & Providership
HERS Rater (Home Energy Rating System)
How Are Home Energy Raters Certified?
The knowledge base and skill sets for Home Energy Raters are defined by chapter two of the RESNET standards and the training providers are all accredited by RESNET, including:
- Curricula approval
- Instructors that are certified by RESNET (must pass examination)
All Home Energy Rater candidates must pass a national online exams and perform 5 ratings under the supervision of an accredited Rating Provider’s Certified Field Assessor. Only then can the Home Energy Rater candidate be certified by a RESNET accredited Rating Provider.
For professionals looking to become a Certified HERS Rater, Texas Home Ready is proud to offer the full range of training packages to meet each individual student’s needs.
For HERS Raters, Rating Field Inspectors, Energy Modelers, and Certified Inspectors
We understand that taking time off work to attend additional training is not an option for most RESNET certified professionals. That is why we are offering Raters, RFIs and Modelers the ability to attend the Energy Star v3 Rater online training.
- Train at your own pace from the comfort of you own home
- Eliminate missed time from work and travel costs
Features bonus training material
- Water Management Checklist training
- HVAC Contractor Checklist training
Qualifies for Educational Credits
- 18 hours of RESNET Professional Development Hours
- 2.5 BPI Continuing Education Units