The Manual D is a complete schematic drawing of the duct system including locations and sizes of trunklines, branch ducts, outlet registers, an inlet grille.
Getting a complete Manual D HVAC design done on your property plans is the best way to ensure that your heating and cooling system will deliver maximum comfort at high efficiency.
A proper HVAC duct sizing will guarantee that your system will deliver the correct amount of air to each room of the house.
CFM of each register or grille can be added as an option when purchasing our Manual D service.
WHAT DOES A PROPERLY DESIGNED RESIDENTIAL HVAC DUCT SYSTEM PROVIDE OR PREVENT?
- Duct work designed by Manual D is critical for proper performance of your heating and cooling equipment.
- A less expensive system with a proper duct design often performs better than a high SEER system with a poor duct design
- A poor duct design results in much higher heating and cooling utility bills
- Poorly designed duct layouts will require your HVAC unit to run longer and more frequently.
- An improper duct design can result in inadequate air flow causing HVAC compressor issues and can cause the A/C coil to freeze up.
- Uneven temperature distribution can result in a Goldilocks home – some rooms will be too hot in the summer and other rooms will be too cold in the winter.
- Because the unit is working harder to overcome the duct design issues, the unit may not last as long as normal.
- If the heating and air conditioning ductwork is poorly sealed or has leaks, moisture and mold can develop due to condensation in the unconditioned attic or crawlspace.
- A quality HVAC design, selection and installation will increase the comfort of YOUR family and the value of YOUR home – Insist on an ACCA Certified Manual D duct design!